Sunday, August 21, 2011

A few things I have been enjoying lately.


I haven't spent much time reading lately but I have borrowed all of these books from the library and have enjoyed the little time I've spent with each. Practical Self-Sufficiency is on my wish list as is the Real Food Companion and I'll be borrowing the Charcuterie again for sure but would like to find a book that doesn't depend on Nitrites. I'm keen to make the Spanish Chorizo, Hungarian Salami and air-dried Ham.

 A Sunday picnic is always nice but especially when the sun finally shines through after days (or is it weeks) of rain. Joshua, Serena and friend also completed the 40 hour famine over the weekend choosing to sleep in the cubby to take the hardship up a notch. They did very well, it's nice to see their compassion for those whose lives are not as easy as their own,
 This little boy is amazing, here he is on his way home from hospital, he'd spent the night there after dropping a 5kg weight on his big toe which smashed it. The toe was really smashed and was the most unpleasant sight I've seen in my children's injuries. He shed a few tears when his brother and sister panicked at the sight of it and that was it no more tears. He is so tough. He is not likely to go into the medical field, he has a very low opinion of all hospital staff and wasn't afraid to let everyone in the building know it. 

 Spelling tests are fun too, especially when there is a little brotherly, sisterly competition. 
 We have enjoyed another birthday recently as Thomas turned two. We managed to stick to GAPS legal food quite easily this time, oh except for some cocoa.
 This train set has been a real hit, I love watching all the children enjoying it together, really it was Thomas's birthday present but he doesn't mind sharing. 
 Aunties and sisters are such a blessing, especially this one.
And I've been enjoying my new almost complete kitchen, it is taking rather a long time to finish, I'm hoping this week that will happen. 

1 comment:

  1. Well, lovely friend - just when I deleted you from my side bar because you never posted, you give us a good one!! Maybe I'll pop you back on ......!!

    ReplyDelete