Thursday, June 30, 2011

Homemade chocolate.


The chocolate eggs I made at Easter were pretty poor, dull with honey crystals through them. They helped ease my need for chocolate but certainly didn't have good mouth feel. So it was time to try again and this is what I ended up with, nice shiny chocolate with reasonable mouth feel. I added roasted almonds as it was a little sweeter than I like, the honey flavour was there but wasn't too strong.

Thomas enjoyed helping with the clean up, as did all the other children.


Notice the chocolate drip on the chin! He is busy playing a Nancy Drew computer games, they love those games.


Chocolatey kisses.


Poor James was running a very high temp so missed the pleasure of clean up with the others.


This one would have eaten the lot in one sitting I'm sure. I think I may need to make the next batch when they are all sleeping and hide it away! Sure doesn't last long.

No comments:

Post a Comment